Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Seventh Day of Christmas

On the seventh day of Christmas, my Father gave to me: a crisp, manila Bachelors degree!

Oh school.  How I miss thee!  I started school at 5 years old and didn't stop until 23 years when I received my Bachelors of Science in Socio-Cultural Anthropology from Brigham Young University (Minor in Art).  I love school.  I was pretty good at it too.

Just months after I graduated, I got married and a few months after that I was pregnant.  So, my plans for a Doctorate in International Relations have been shuffled to the "long-term" plan.  As much as I wish I could get back to classes, semesters, and grades, I dearly love what I have replaced it with.  And I would do it again and again.  And, beyond that, after nearly 7 years post-grad, I'm not even sure that I want a PhD in that field anyway. Right now I am still working on the PhD in mommy-hood.  Anyone know any good schools for this?  I could use some instructions. :) 

Oh, and not at all on topic, I was searching for a BYU image on their site, and ran across this video made by a couple BYU professors.  Wow.


Thought of You from Ryan J Woodward on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Go Courgars!! Yeah, I miss those crazy college days at times. It sure was a wonderfully trying, learning, heartbreaking, fun, adventure wasnt' it? I'm just grateful I had you by my side throughout the entire journey to help keep me grounded and to laugh with! That video was pretty amazing too. Thanks for sharing.

Kirstin said...

I share your same sentiments! I couldn't have asked for a better roomy!