On the third day of Christmas, my Father gave to me, good friends to help me in my times of need.
I suppose I should preface this post be saying that I am not that good at making friends. I don't say this in pity or anything, it's just the truth. Making friends as a mommy and wife isn't as easy as making friends as a single person--and I didn't do it a ton then either. My most social years were between 16 and 23. I was fun, flirty and carefree. Before 16, I was awkward and shy. After 23, I was married and then pregnant, and then forever joined at the hip to children.... So these days, I am more of a home-body. I would rather stay home and read a good book than attend a party. Sad, but true.
So, with this in mind, I must say that the many dear friends that I do possess are quite a miracle! They are either from that social time of my life, and continue to support and love me today. Or, these friends have just found me in the last few years, and have encircled me with their acceptance and love without any petition on my part. I guess that is mainly why I feel like the dearest friends that I have are such a blessing: they either have long-standing loyalty, or they just love unconditionally. In either case, they are a good examples to me of the Savior.
So, in this Christmas Season, I express my gratitude for my dearest friends. It has been a really tough year for me, and I have needed friends about me. And I have had them. I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment