Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Second Day of Christmas

On the second day of Christmas, my Father gave to me: three munchkins to drain out all my energy!  I mean, three angels to love and call me their mommy!

Aren't they cute?  These three are my LIFE.  From the time I roll out of bed, until I fall back into it at night, I am serving them.  Sometimes I am tempted to resent the fact that someone is constantly chirping for something and I've generally forgotten what it's like to just be Kirstin.  Okay, let's be honest.  I do resent them sometimes.  But that's just when I'm being selfish and exhausted.  I've been told that I am in the "vortex" of motherhood right now with these three so young, and so I try hard to keep a perspective.  There are so many tender moments with them each day, I can't complain too long, and my resentment quickly vanishes into pure bliss. PURE bliss.  Because they are pure.


ELIZA...  My favorite thing about Eliza right now is her tender heart.  She tries so hard to do the right thing, and she has a budding testimony of the gospel.  It's so fun now that she is older to hear her pour out her heart in prayer to her Heavenly Father as if He were right in front of her.  Her prayer last night included this section in it: "Oh and Jesus, we were talking about your birth tonight.  We are so glad that you were born.  We love you."  Sigh.

EZRA...  Anyone who knows Ezra knows he is quite the character.  He LOVES to make people laugh (like his dad), and I see him campaigning for class clown someday. I struggled through his "twos", but now that he is a little older, he and I have a fantastic relationship.  He loves his mommy. :) 


ASHLYN...  What a girlie girl.  Ashlyn is super fun at 17 months.  She is starting to communicate with a few words and baby signs.  She runs around with baby dolls and purses.  And she lights up when even the idea of an animal being around pops into her head.  (One of her first words was "dog" which she lovingly pronounces "gog".)  Shiloh's favorite part of Ashlyn, however, is that she is super snuggly and VERY generous with her kisses.  He finally trained one to smother him and he couldn't be happier about it!


So there it is.  A whole lot of gratitude for these three amazing gifts. 


1 comment:

brittani c. said...

Awwww. The new family photos are just presh! I love Eliza's prayer too. Melts my heart.