Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The First Day of Christmas

It's the first day of Christmas.  Every year on this day I think, "I should do the 12-Days of Christmas for someone.  Wouldn't that be fun?"  Or, "I sure wish someone would do the 12-Days of Christmas for me this year. I could use a little extra cheer."  But, alas, neither ever happens.  And this year is no different.

So, instead, I thought I'd do the 12-Days of Christmas on my blog: gratitude style.  You see, gratitude isn't just stylish around Thanksgiving.  Gratitude, in my mind, is one of the most desirable virtues.  Gratitude leads us to humility, and humility leads us to the Savior.  And what better time to be led to the Savior than at Christmas time?  So, prepare yourself for twelve days of mushiness. :)

On the First Day of Christmas, my Father gave to me... a husband to snuggle by the Christmas tree.

Of all the wonderful gifts I possess, I think this is the one I take advantage of the most.  My sweet, devoted husband does his utmost to help me be happy each day.  He endures A LOT on my behalf, and I don't serve him nearly as much as I should.

Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to have a husband at all.  I think back to my single days when it felt like I might turn out to be an old, single spinster, and I remember what a gift it is to have someone's heart.

Just last night as I snuck into bed late after working on some neighbor gifts, he rolled over and patted my arm and told me he loved me with all his heart.  And then went back to his soft snore.  My heart softened as I looked at him.  What an amazing man.  And an amazing gift.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Post Script:   With no knowledge of my ode to him, my husband came home with these after I wrote this blog entry!   Love that man o' mine.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awww that is so sweet. I am afraid that I take advantage of the gift of my husband the most as well. Thanks for this great reminder. :) looking forward to the rest of your Christmas posts!