Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Big Apple: Day 3

China Town, Little Italy, Greenwich Village, East Village.  Our day was busy sight-seeing, shopping, and walking.  The city is so expansive and the architecture continues to wow! My favorite places are the quaint, clean village neighborhoods with the old town homes, beautiful streets, and charming ambiances.



We did a little shopping for knock-off designer purses and jewelry while in China town.  That was different.  We tipped a sales lady off that we were looking for designer purses and she nodded an understanding, made a call on her cell phone and then gestured for us to follow her.  We walked 3 blocks into another tourist shop and then to the back.  She pushed a button on the wall and a secret door opened in the back!  No joke!  We peered in and saw an over-sized closet space with about 10 other shoppers frantically looking at designer handbags and wallets! I pinched myself and then walked in.  Twenty minutes later I had 3 gorgeous knock-offs.   As we were leaving there was a small huddle of ladies looking at a "secret drawer" full of knock-off Tiffany's jewelry.  We couldn't pass that up! It was amazing the likeness!  We visited Tiffany's and I couldn't tell the difference, so why should anyone else? :)  Thanks shady China Town shop.

Stopped for lunch at a fantastic little Italian restaurant in Little Italy.


We did so much walking the past two days, I had to ice my hips.  My feet just throbbed and throbbed all day, but I continued to abuse them.  How could I not?  By the end, it felt like someone had just done surgery on the bottoms of my feet.  Ouch.  Oh well.  My Prada purse was worth it, right?

No comments: