Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Springtime and Park days

Lately the weather has been absolutely delightful.  The kids and I have frequented various neighborhood parks in our thirst for frolicking.  All of them are getting so big now that I barely have to pay attention anymore--not that I would completely ignore them--but it's rather nice to be able to read a book in the grass and not worry that my little babe or toddler might fall off something or other. 

I made a seriously sobering realization though during one of our escapades.  I am officially old enough to get nauseated by the swings.  What, what??  I mean, prior to this particular park day, I can't remember the last time I actually pumped my legs on the swings to get some good height, but during this venture I felt that stomach-in-the-throat feeling every time I would swing forward!  I was so upset!  So upset that I forced myself to swing for a good 10 minutes as if to spite myself.

And I will probably do it again next time I go to a park with swings.






1 comment:

Jennifer Salmon said...

I am so jealous of the weather there right now. It's still so dreadfully cold here. We will need to visit a lot since my sister is so close to you guys and I will be over at her house numerous times. Especially to swim in her neighborhood pool, since it will be so hot in July. I am so excited to see you guys!