With wrestling done in December, Ezra has been looking forward to starting T-Ball. He requested baseball stuff for Christmas and tried his best to figure out what to do with his glove, bat and ball. By the time T-ball practice came around he squatted down like a "Pro" to catch whatever ball came his way.
Here he is at his first game:
The game was really more like a glorified practice in that the boys all took turns at the tee, then ran to first while the other team scrounged for the ball and threw it to first base as part of their training (no matter if the runner was already on base). Each boy batted once per inning and all the boys got to home plate eventually through the inning (the last boy running a homerun by default). They don't keep score in this T-Ball league, which I think is fantastic. Ezra certainly doesn't know what he's missing by it, and in the meantime he is learning to hit and catch.
Good stuff!
Oh, and did I mention that the girls got stuck in the mud during the game? Classic. Ashlyn kept stepping out of her shoes because they were swallowed up in the goo. I laughed. A lot.
1 comment:
Hey Kirstin! Ezra's first game looks fun! I am so excited for Isaac to start playing sports when we move back to Az. Our house is just starting to be built in Higley Manor, by the new Temple. Will it be close to where you guys are living?
Post a Comment