Wednesday, September 30, 2009
My picaso
Oh boy. And I mean OH BOY!@*#! I was happily doing my visiting teaching calling on the computer downstairs when Ezra came and said, "Mama, look!" and showed me a black toe. I recognized immediately that it was permanent marker. So I started to hyperventilate and asked, "Where's the marker???" And he led me upstairs to my bathroom, where I saw this:
I started to check my temper and then sent him to his room. As I followed him there I saw this:
And this:
AAargh!!!! I have raised a little Picaso. He had this same problem last week with crayon all over my walls, but the Magic Eraser got that off lickedy split. But PERMANENT MARKER??? I was so shocked and upset I didn't know what to do with myself. I tried the Magic Eraser again. I scrubbed. I scrubbed. The bathroom looks good. Left that and went to the wall. I scrubbed and scrubbed. The wall is still faintly marked, but I can paint that, right? I turned to the beautiful travertine tile we just put in last year. I scrubbed. I scrubbed. I used every cleaner in the house but to no satisfaction... Now and forever, I have a faint curly drawing on my floor. Sob. I don't know what to do with him? I mean it's been 6 hours since the incident and I am still harboring ill feelings here. He isn't openly malicious, but he LOVES to tease and he THRIVES on the thrill of getting someone's goat, or being chased when he's done something wrong. He loves the excitement of the fear--does that make sense? He torments Eliza with his dragon impersonations (loves to scare her), hits, bites, and makes mess after mess. These twos with him truly are TERRIBLE. That said, he can be the most sensitive, happy, and cute child EVER. He cuddles with me, is sweet to the baby, is truly concerned about me when I am sad or upset, is doing a good job learning to share, and plays well with others most of the time. I love him to pieces. Sigh... I'm okay now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Nice work Ezra! That is impressive. I'm sorry Kirstin! Not fun dealing with the twos. I have heard rubbing alcohol or toothpaste will take up sharpie. I actually have a friend that just had to clean red sharpie off her bathroom counter and sink last month, and those worked for her.
Good luck!
Yup! Rubbing alcohol will do it! Summer did the same thing when she was 2! Maybe it's a second child thing?
Kaymbri did the same thing about a month ago. Baking soda and rubbing alcohol gets it all right out! Now I'm always on high alert whenever I see a writing tool in her cute little hands :)
Wow, I'm sorry. But he sounds adorable! I've been really lucky so far, knock on wood! Glad it mostly came off and it sounds like you've got some good advice to try again on your floor. Love the story!
OH Kirstie!
Remember, we were just talking about this on the phone a few weeks ago?? I was lamenting because I caught Brig drawing all over Bryce's aunt and uncle's furniture while I was talking to YOU!!! Oh these sweet, crazy boys...what shall we do with them? Brig marked up this lovely chair they have and I cannot for the life of me get it out so I'll just have to buy them a new chair...sigh...:)
I had the same feelings about our reunion. Me and Bryce couldn't believe we paid forty bucks for cream puffs with no cream!!! It was nice to see people again. I'm glad you and MIchelle were there:) Can you email me that picture? That would be awesome. Love ya!
Karlie
Wow... I'm not going to lie, here. I don't look forward to this part of being a parent. The other parts seem wonderful and I do want children; don't get me wrong. I'm just afraid, sometimes, of what they are capable of. ;)
At the Enrichment Activity we had at my ward last Tuesday, some of the ladies were asking "when can you have nice things again?" and one lady said "There is a small window of opportunity after your kids grow up and leave and start having grandkids. Otherwise....never". I have to laugh because we all still try to have things that are nice, though its a lost battle to begin with.
I hope rubbing alcohol works! I will try to remember that one for myself in the future - I'm sure there will come a day I will need it. ;)
Wow! We finally got a chance to look at your blog, and here is your two-year old boy coloring everywhere. We're due to have own little boy in just two months, so in two years I can expect some of the same artistry. Our little girl has been pretty good, but she'll turn two in two months, so we'll see how that goes. Good luck with the tile, until then all one can do is just breathe, and vent frustrations until the story becomes so funny all you can do is just laugh at it all (but even that can take some time to get to). We love you guys, please check out our blog, we're not as faithful at it as you guys, but we try our best. Aaron and Karla Smith
aaronkarlasmithfamily@blogspot.com
Post a Comment