Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Surprise! We're at Disneyland!!





So, my mother-in-law is just like her son.  (Or, I guess that should be the other way around.)  They both have an affinity for spontaneity.  On a Sunday she informed us that they would be going to Disneyland in 2 days and wanted to know if we'd like to come.  Three days later I was driving the kids across the desert in my minivan to meet up with them.

I decided that surprise anticipation was better than the entitlement that would otherwise occupy my children's persona, so I didn't tell them where we were going until we got there.

Here they are ready to embark.  Their guesses as to where we were going?  "Grandma's house in Utah" and "camping".  I snickered to myself and reveled in their ignorance.





Upon arriving at the Disney Grand California Hotel, Eliza was still clueless.  She thought we were at the Salt Lake City Airport and even got excited that it appeared that there was a "carnival" at the airport.

Ezra was asleep so he wasn't there for the initial unveiling, but here's a little snippet of Eliza sharing the good news:




For the record, I had a nasty cold the entire vacation.  It was tiring and annoying, and Shiloh wasn't even there to help out until Saturday because he had to work.  But, I am normally pretty good at sucking it up and pushing through.  Which is exactly what I did.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.  Enjoy!





She has an official DisneyLand Autopia License too.  Good thing it's only good on this ride because it was a doozy of a drive.




This is in "It's a Small World", and BOY DID SHE LOVE THAT RIDE!  















I'm ready for my close-up.


They are holding hands because they are scared of the HUGE dinosaur next to them.    Awe...  I'm not sure if I should have felt alarm for them.  I couldn't get past the cuteness.


After being soaked by the Jurassic Park Ride


On our way to the Universal studios back-lot.


Be afraid Jaws.  Be very afraid.
Hello Mr. Shark.

I couldn't help myself. :) Ashlyn's face!!
Cheese!... I think?


I *heart* NY.









No comments: