It's always nice when your kids surprise you with new skills. We've spent a lot of time at the park lately so as to give Eliza and Ezra plenty of cruising-time on their pedal-less bikes. The theory was that if they get enough time balancing without their pedals then by the time we put the pedals back on, they are equipped with the right skills.
I had my doubts.
Ezra has proven a more eager student--possibly because he has no fear of trying new things. And, it helps that his best friend took his pedals off of his bike to learn too.
Well, just a few days ago Ezra's best friend decided he was ready, and learned to ride sans his pedals! Upon seeing him ride around the park for a few minutes, Ezra came to me and stated, "Mom, can we go home now? I think I am ready to put my pedals back on."
It was suggested that perhaps his friend would give him a turn on the bike with pedals. So, Ezra gladly got on his friend's bike, pushed off and started to ride!! It was amazing! He looked like a pro right from the start!
Here he is just minutes later:
I am so glad we skipped the whole training wheels and holding-onto-the-back-of-the-seat bit. That looks exhausting.
No comments:
Post a Comment