So, my parents are moving in today.
It is sort of surreal watching it all take place. If you had asked me a few years ago if I ever saw myself living with my parents I would've looked at you oddly and scoffed. But, alas, here I am.
It is rather humbling for more reasons than one. I love my parents, but I have always been independent. I have always found my own way in the world. To have them coming to my aide is rather like admitting that I failed in some way. That said, I've come to accept that many of my needs are not of my own choosing. God gives us trials we don't expect, and life is sometimes much harder than I ever could have imagined.
So, here we go--off on a new adventure. My parents will move into the office downstairs today, and I will pray hard that the anxieties I feel about them will not overcome the joy and gratitude I feel for their coming.
1 comment:
I don't think it is that you failed. I think we all try so hard to do things on our own, like you said, independant. Never wanting to admit that we don't have it all figured out. What we don't always realize at first is why we are here, and what is really going on. We are in a literal war with Satan(some of the greatest battles ever fought will be within our own minds). It is a daily fight, and it will get harder until our Savior comes. Recognize that Satan works his hardest when he is trying to distract you from something important. Realize that our families are here to lift us when we fall, and we will, and it is okay. Perfection will not happen in this life. This is to humble us. Through our trials we are blessed and are able to feel Gods love as we learn, this gives us strength to continue on. We make it home together. Not alone. Don't ever think you failed, you don't yet fully understand what you are being prepared for!
Post a Comment