
Here he is everyone: Our latest gimpie and as happy as ever!! For those of you who don't know, Ezra was born with a "vertical talis" bone (meaning his foot was in the wrong position in the womb and so it came out "crooked"). Yesterday marks the beginning of his treatment plan to get it fixed. We will be going to Salt Lake weekly to get new casts like this one (of varying colors--we thought we'd start at the beginning of the rainbow). After about 8 weeks on October 16th we are scheduled to have minor surgery on his foot and then he'll get his final cast for 12 weeks. All should be said and done by mid January 2008. I am so proud of my little boy though. He just smiled and flirted with the nurses through his x-rays and casting. He really is the happiest and easiest baby I know! I am so lucky!!! (The cast is fiberglass bytheway and hard as a rock! He can barely lift his leg... Awe...)
3 comments:
Cute kid! I love how you matched his outfit to the cast. It's nice that you can just put him in a onsie and not struggle with getting clothes over the cast. Hope everything goes well with the treatment!
Just a small reminder that we CAN smile through adversity!! He's so cute! Good luck with the treatments and maybe I'll have to come over and sign his cast!!
Kirstin,
I love Tucson. We have really felt at home here. Zak grew up right around where we live now, so he already knew the area and everything. I got settled in pretty quickly, but I still manage to get lost every once in awhile! Like anywhere else, there are good parts of town and those that are not so good. If you choose an area that is not so good...you may have a much different opinion of it then I do! I love that we are still in AZ so close to family and friends, but not in the Phoenix area, which is just to big and hot and crazy. If you are looking for the cheapest markets around AZ right now, Maricopa, Casa Grande, Coolidge, and Sahuarita are all building like crazy and houses are cheap. Let me know if you guys are really serious about Tucson and I could give you a few more pointers.
Post a Comment